» Floridasoftball Sponsors

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Shaved Bat Testing

Yesterday at mills pond the freedom director was testing bats and they did an excellent job wth taking bats that hit players and had them tested on site. My question is after talking with the director, he said that people were voluntarily taking their bats to get tested and 80% of the bats were coming back Dirty or I guess they didnt pass compression. These players still used those bats in games and were hitting middle. After a director knows the bat doesnt pass compression testing, even if it voluntary should a director have the right to tell that person that they cant swing their bat?

Quote Originally Posted by FuegoFighter49 View Post
    Yesterday at mills pond the freedom director was testing bats and they did an excellent job wth taking bats that hit players and had them tested on site. My question is after talking with the director, he said that people were voluntarily taking their bats to get tested and 80% of the bats were coming back Dirty or I guess they didnt pass compression. These players still used those bats in games and were hitting middle. After a director knows the bat doesnt pass compression testing, even if it voluntary should a director have the right to tell that person that they cant swing their bat?
    If your bat doesnt pass compression but is clean, I feel you should still be able to use it. Just my opinion.
    CALL ME FOR YOUR RENTAL CAR NEEDS!!!
    BRYAN A LOPEZ
    ENTERPRISE RENT-A-CAR
    6396 SOUTH DIXIE HIGHWAY
    SOUTH MIAMI, FL 33143
    305-970-2786
    305-668-3374
    BRYAN.A.LOPEZ@EHI.COM

Default sugestion

I think if it doesn't pass, name and type of bat should be logged down.
    Just my 2cents.
    It's all about the U!!

Default terrible machine

the bad thing is that a handfull of shaved bats still passed in that machine. Loved the tourny but some of those guys and their bats are a joke.

Default Testing Bats

Please excuse me here and if I'm wrong I'm sure you all will tell, but if they were testing bats and they failed and then gave them back to the ball player what is the purpose of even testing them?? If they do not pass the test they should be removed period!!!

At least with us that is what happen's, we don't just hand themm back to the players are's go to the National Office with our form and then it is handled.

Doesn't make any sense to me to have testing on site and then hand them back over to the players/teams what does that mean if a player then uses it and hurts someone, ONE BIG LAWSUIT!!!!! because you knew it didn't pass your own testing and you gave it right back to them to use.

CRAZY!!!

Nancy

NANCY DILLON
    ISA Area Director
    isanpd55@aol.com or 407-312-5723

Absolutely..................
    Ramon Mejias

R.I.P. 1b #24 Kasey Courser
    It's not that my Liberal friends are ignorant, it's just that so much of what they know simply isn't true.- Ronald Reagan -

Nancy, you are completely right! I asked Ken that night and he said as long as the players came up voluntarily, the bats wouldnt be taken. Here's my take...Before every tournament, have all the players present their bats and have them tested. After each bat is tested, place a sticker on the bat. A sticker that shows a bat that passes compression and a sticker that doesnt pass compression. If someone knows their bat is completely broken in....ie...original freaks got some serious shakes and never pass compression, than that player can swing at own risk. If the person swinging a broken in bat, knows it is truly just completely broken in, that person will have no issues. No bat will be used if it doesnt have a sticker on it!!!!! After each players bats are tested, label and record the model and the weight.

Nancy, you are completely right! I asked Ken that night and he said as long as the players came up voluntarily, the bats wouldnt be taken. Here's my take...Before every tournament, have all the players present their bats and have them tested. After each bat is tested, place a sticker on the bat. A sticker that shows a bat that passes compression and a sticker that doesnt pass compression. If someone knows their bat is completely broken in....ie...original freaks got some serious shakes and never pass compression, than that player can swing at own risk. If the person swinging a broken in bat, knows it is truly just completely broken in, that person will have no issues. No bat will be used if it doesnt have a sticker on it!!!!! After each players bats are tested, label and record the model and the weight.
    Not a bad idea...........but what about some people maybe switching stickers with teammates?
    Ramon Mejias

R.I.P. 1b #24 Kasey Courser
    It's not that my Liberal friends are ignorant, it's just that so much of what they know simply isn't true.- Ronald Reagan -

Major League

You sticker the good bats, and take the bad ones. After their team is elimated from the tourney, you give the bad bat back. Nobody gets hurt with an illegal bat, and nobody has their bat taken for 3 months....It worked in Panama City last year and not one person complained.

Major League

Default Bats tested at Mills Pond

Quote Originally Posted by ISANPD55 View Post
    Please excuse me here and if I'm wrong I'm sure you all will tell, but if they were testing bats and they failed and then gave them back to the ball player what is the purpose of even testing them?? If they do not pass the test they should be removed period!!!

At least with us that is what happen's, we don't just hand themm back to the players are's go to the National Office with our form and then it is handled.

Doesn't make any sense to me to have testing on site and then hand them back over to the players/teams what does that mean if a player then uses it and hurts someone, ONE BIG LAWSUIT!!!!! because you knew it didn't pass your own testing and you gave it right back to them to use.

CRAZY!!!

Nancy
    Nancy,

Nothing "CRAZY" at all.

We are the ONLY association with a policy the requires our umpires to check every bat that hits a ball and makes contact with a player, and that is ANY player on the field, regardless of injury. EVERY bat tested at Mills Pond this weekend where testing was REQUIRED due to batted ball contact with a player, PASSED the compression test and was returned to the player that swung the bat.

Aside from Batted ball contact testing, I also setup and offered FREE testing to EVERY player that wanted to have their bat(s) tested. A lot of players purchase used bats and "think" that they have clean bats but as a result of our testing, became aware that they in fact had a shaved bat. In these cases, the players were notified of the results based upon our experience in testing bats. NO COMPRESSION TEST can 100% guarantee that a bat has been altered without first having to remove the end cap for a visual inspection. This is why we send bats to the manufacturer for an official ruling.

There is NO association that can just TAKE a bat without the players consent, especially a bat that was not even used in play as is the case with the bats the players let us test.

Regards,
    Ken Chadbourne
    Freedom Sports Association
    Last edited by ISAorange; 05-17-2010 at 01:16 PM.